Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Expect the unexpected

Hellloooooo!

I feel like I'm finally coming out of a long tunnel and I see a small but bright light. School will be done this month (Yay me!) The third book in the Good News Series will also be done this month so now I can get started with some other things like finishing my script, finishing book #4 (for all of you who've been worried about Terrence) and making some money.

So, you're probably wondering about the title of this post. It sort of has to do with an update from the last post. I mentioned last time that my sales had gone down for B&N and I just wanted to give you an update. It turns out that I wasn't the only author whose sales were affected for several weeks. According to reports I've read, B&N decided to shake things up a little in order to get some erotica titles off the best-sellers list. They shifted these books (along with a lot of others) out of their normal categories and into new ones. I for example was switched from "African-American, Christian Fiction" to "Peoples and Cultures". Of course the people looking for my type of books would be looking nowhere near "P&C" so sales decreased dramatically. The one good thing I can say is, I wasn't terribly affected because I don't sell that many books (yet). I read several cases though where people were greatly affected by the loss of income, one lady said she lost $11,000 for that month.

I said all that to say, yes you guessed it, expect the unexpected. Someone you don't know could be making a decision that will affect you tomorrow and you're just going to have to roll with the punches. If you are a Christian you can join with me as I stand on the promise that "All things work together for the good of those that love God and are the called, according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28) No, I can't truthfully say I see any good coming out of that situation right now, it was more of an annoyance than anything else but I will trust God and keep moving. There's a good life lesson in there somewhere too. That's it for now. ;-)
Ciao bellas
until next time
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment